Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Captain's Log, Day One: Let's start at the beginning...

          I've got some interesting friends.
          There's really no other way to describe it. I don't mind too much though; they make for some great stories. This, though, might be a little crazy, even for them...
          I was chatting with a buddy tonight--for clarity's sake, let's call him...oh, how about Justin? Justin and I were doing our usual Tuesday night routine of comparing tech notes, making random plans for techie stuff, and making even more random bets with each other ("Five bucks says I can find a picture of a platypus before you do!!" "You're on!!"). It's one of the most fun things to do, especially if the other person lives a good airplane flight away and you don't need to pay up immediately. We usually bet money and thus far have always broken even, but tonight got a bit different...
          Justin: "Hey, did you know my sister started a blog?"
          Me: "FOUND A PLATYPUS!!! You owe me 5 bucks!! and pshh, what's the point of a blog?"
          Justin: "You cheated!"
          Me: "Your computer is just slow."
          Justin: "Have you ever made a blog?"
          Me: "No, and I don't intend to."
          Justin: "You mean there's a tech thing you haven't tried?"
          Me: "Yup."
          Justin: "New bet. Checkers. Loser creates a blog immediately!"
          Well, you can guess the rest. But I made history tonight: I came out five dollars ahead. I win, Justin. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment