Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Captain's Log, Day Eight: Yiiiiiiiikes....

          Okay, this is weird...
          My computer crashed last night. This is nothing particularily new, except for the fact that it was unintentional this time and now I can't start it. Odd, no? Especially for me...this is the first time in seven years--ever since I started working with computers--that I have had to contact Technical Support for assistance. I have a lot of tricks, but they only work if the computer actually, um, STARTS.
          Fortunately, I have backed up most of my computer to other places (a lot of other places) but still...this is kinda lame. This never happens! As it turns out, my hard drive was fried, so I had to replace it. I didn't lose too much stuff, thanks to my backups, but I'm still going to be taking a look at my old drive to see if I can salvage anything off of it. I have some really cool new geek tools for that, too, so it's not a complete waste of time...
          Currently, I'm operating off of Nemesis's computer, which I hijacked (it pays to be the network admin--you can get everyone's passwords!). He's being very...um, "charitable"...about the whole thing. Okay, okay, he doesn't know I have it. Did I mention the benefits of having everyone's passwords?
          On an entirely unrelated subject that just now entered my mind, I found the game Tron online and dueled first the computer and then Nemesis. I was slaughtered both times...although with Nemesis, it got very amusing because we tended to do the same thing at the same time, so we got in a lot of head-on collisions. He started gloating, so I fired up Radical Aces (a flight game) and kicked his cocky little kiester on that, so we're planning a ChexQuest duel to determine the champ of the gaming zone in our house.
           Anyway, I thought everyone would be really happy to know that my computer will be fixed, so I can continue to bring you this awesome blo...ahh, who am I kidding? One of you probably sent me a virus! ;)

1 comment: