Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Captain's Log, Day 23: Running, Cycling and Photography, Oh My!

          I feel a bit out of place here in the world of bloggers...
          Here I was, punching away at my keyboard (figuratively, for once), when I decided to take a look at some other blogs because, frankly, I've been running out of ideas. In my defense, it's been a slow week. After a bit of searching, I found the button for a random blog and clicked it.
          I got massively sidetracked. The first blog I came to was about running. I skimmed it briefly before clicking ahead. Hmm, cycling, running, cycling, photography, cycling, running, photography...family! The last one was hilarious, so I decided to bookmark it for future reading. (I've noticed that a mom's perspective on home life is typically amusing.) I kept going...
          You would not BELIEVE how many blogs are about running, cycling, travel or photography. It's an astonishing number, for sure. And here I am, new in the whole blogging business, writing about random stuff that enters my head. On the other hand, there's no way I could write about all that exercise stuff. The only way I would do that is if I wanted to put people to sleep, because anything I would write would be boring like nothing else. Actually, for all I know, this could be boring too. I could imagine a doctor prescribing my blog to an insomniac. That's not exactly what I meant by Maximum Effect, but I suppose that could be one interpretation...
          In my defense, though, I do have some redeeming features, like sibling poetry. I've been thinking about putting some of my short stories on here too, but they are kinda bad, so I might put the video of the firework incident up instead. I love building new pages for this thing (it's the geek in me, I guess), but I don't have anything to really put on them yet, which is why you can't see them. There's nothing more odd than a blank web page.
          Unless it's my brother...

No comments:

Post a Comment